Saturday, October 4, 2008

fruit flies

So we, for some reason have had fruit flies really bad lately. I finally got so fed up I threw out all of our fresh produce.. and scrubbed and bleached for days. It just makes me feel icky. my house sint dirty.. but they make it feel that way. So I did a little searching on the internet.. and found this trick. So I thought I would share in case anyone else out there is just a frustrated and I am.

put some apple cider vinegar in a small bowl or cup.. add a few drops of dishsoap .. . when they land on the vinegar they will be sucked to the bottom. I tried using fruit juice but didnt get the same effect. and the recipe called for water.. but I nixed that. I set out the bowl before i went to bed and when I woke up... yay it worked. they are slowly disappearing! off to the pumpkin patch!

No comments: