Sunday, September 21, 2008

I finally did it!

SO for the last month I have made a challenge for myself. With daily expenses getting higher and higher and being on one income I decided to see how far I can stretch a dollar. I have been clipping coupons and watching sales and instead of buying what we need for the week I have been stockpiling and looking ahead. I was spending about the same at the begining but this last sunday ( my official grocery shopping day) I actually saved more than I spent! I was so excited! I have found now that I have a decent pantry going that I am not running to the store for a can of tomato sauce and spending 30 + dollars. I base my meals on what I have on the shelf and have had to be creative a few times. And also since I, by myself, do the grocery shopping, I am not buying thigs we dont need.. so I have lost 10 pounds! No junk in the house! my husband is a little bummed at the lack of goodies in the house... so we compromised and I posted a post it on the calander board and its our wish list. So I watch for it to go on sale and then I will buy it. and it is working great! I will keep you posted on my progress and hopefully get a picture of my well stocked pantry here soon!

No comments: