Tuesday, June 3, 2008

the daily struggle










so here I am blogging while my son screams from his crib because he is trying to convince me that his is not tired. I am trying to get him back on track. we were doing great up until about the last 3 weeks. he started teething, got the stomach flu then a head cold and then we were camping where he refused to sleep altogether. the night before last he woke up every couple of hours. the first time he woke up I went in.. and after abput 20 minutes i told him i loved him and walked out. within 10 minutes he was asleep. so every time after that that he awoke i restrained myself from going in. and within 10 minutes from waking he fussed himself right back to sleep. and then last night.. he slept through the night for the first time in a month! how nice it was to wake up rested! wait whats that i hear?....silence! I hate hearing him cry.. but I have to just keep reminding myself that he needs to learn...and that hes ok.



I am meeting up with some friends of mine this morning for coffee and a local coffee shop near my house called me too where I can check my son into play while I have adult conversations with other moms. Along with that comes the daily battle of what to wear, as I hate getting dressed anymore. the daily battle with my weight and new post baby body just depresses me. I know if i just excersised and on a more regular schedule I could get back into shape.. but it is so hard to get motivated. i need to just do it. so tomorrow is the day. and I am saying this here so I have somewhere to write about the struggle and maybe it will be easier to hold myself accountable if I tell the world. so I will blog about it and keep you posted.

No comments: