Wednesday, September 1, 2010

11 more days

and I will have a 3 year old in my house! (and the new found "attitude" to prove it!) I am amazed that we are about to celebrate Riley's 3rd birthday. time has flown, and I couldn't be prouder of the little boy he has become. He is very polite, independant, funny and a great problem solver. The conversations that take place these days are so fun. I love how simple things seem to him. things just are the way they are. everything has to be done "by myself". and he has all of sudden about 2 weeks ago decided that he wanted to use the potty. he stays dry as long as I remind him to go. but I noticed today that he was been starting to figure out going unprompted by himself. Now of I could just get him to poo in the potty :0) He is still my little guy..barely 3 feet tall and 30 pounds. only in a size 6.5 shoe, and still crazy about his friends from radiator springs. He amazes me everyday, and I can't wait to see what the coming year brings!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

seriously - what happened to our little babies? I can not believe they are having their birthdays so soon - I am still not even close to being ready - actually I think I am going to forgo a birthday party this year and keep the friend parties to every other year. But I still need to do the shopping and make a cake for the family party. How are your plans comming? I can't wait to see!

Happy Birtdahy Riley!

Alana said...

I know! crazy! I feel like it was just yesterday we were sharing the news that we were both expecting..and our due dates were the day after each other! Plans are going good. I can't wait to blog about it. I think I may make you proud ;0) Happy birthday to brandon on the 14th!